Re: select-element and style-rule

Subject: Re: select-element and style-rule
From: Alain DESEINE <alain@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 09 May 1998 18:08:15 +0200
Norman Walsh wrote:

> / Alain DESEINE <alain@xxxxxxxxxxx> was heard to say:
> | Perharps should you invert the rules order. I think you should do the
> | select-element first, and then the style-rule. If it don't work you can
> | use a construction rule with a DIV or SPAN flow object if your target is
> | HTML.
>
> The order of rules in an XSL stylesheet does not matter.
>
> --norm

Yes, you're completly right. The XSL proposal says that rules order
does'nt matter. But i think that in some case, some implementation may
"forget" this. If i remember well i've get a problem like that with
msxsl. I know that an implementor **MUST** follow the proposal, but when
tools are "young" they may have bugs or mis understanding of the norme.
that 's why i say that.

Friendly, Alain.