Re: `High-level' format specifications with XSL?

Subject: Re: `High-level' format specifications with XSL?
From: "Kent Fitch" <kent.fitch@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 17:31:48 +1000
From: Kai Grossjohann <grossjohann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Well, can anybody help me with explaining how to do transformations
>(from XML to XML) in XSL?  All the tutorials I've read only deal with
>the formatting part.

I think you may be able to do what you want with MSXSL
as long as you know your input.  However, I think
it is impossible to do some things you may
think as easy, such as a "null" stylesheet that reads
arbitrary input XML and echos it unchanged because there
is no way to enumerate attributes of an element (that I
know of, but I am happy to be proven wrong).

Kent Fitch                           Ph: +61 2 6276 6711
ITS  CSIRO  Canberra  Australia      kent.fitch@xxxxxxxxxxxx