Re: `High-level' format specifications with XSL?

Subject: Re: `High-level' format specifications with XSL?
From: Kai Grossjohann <grossjohann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 09 Jul 1998 12:45:48 +0200

  > Sorry - the XSL I just posted assumes a "wrapper" element around
  > the <project> and hence won't produce what you want as is - MSXSL
  > has a quirk which means it insists on just one root object, so I
  > am accustomed to always enclosing the input document with

If I'm not mistaken, that's not a `quirk'.  It's a consequence of the
XML standard.  (At least in SGML, a document is exactly one element
(possibly preceded by an SGML declaration and stuff), so I presume
that this rule carries over to XML as well.)

  > In this specific case, you could merge the "project" processing
  > into the xsl root rule or you could add a wrapper element and
  > leave the xsl unchanged.

My `wrapper' element is `project'.

Sadly, I can't use MSXSL as I don't have Windows.

kai
--
You ate somebody? -- Just a leg. -- That's terrible! -- Not with mustard.
(Terry Pratchett: Interesting Times)