Re: EcmaScript, gone?

Subject: Re: EcmaScript, gone?
From: Paul Prescod <papresco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 1998 07:53:48 -0500
James Tauber wrote:

> There is a distinction to be drawn between scripts that describe the
> behaviour of certain elements at the client end (how a header responds to a
> mouseover event) with procedural parts of an XSL stylesheet (section
> numbering).
>
> The ECMAScript part of XSL-NOTE was for the latter. The term "behaviour
> sheets" I've always taken to mean the former.

I agree that there is a distinction. I'm just not sure if it is profitable
to make it any more. Just as today's web pages often have an "OnLoad" that
can modify the look of the page for it is displayed, future pages might
have an:

OnLISTITEMStart( item ){

}

which would manipulate the list item's flow objects.

Everything I touch turns into Python.