Re: XSL:USE ?

Subject: Re: XSL:USE ?
From: Tyler Baker <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 23:14:42 -0400
James Clark wrote:

> Tyler Baker wrote:
> >
> > James Clark wrote:
>
> > >  The stylesheet DTD may also need to define additional attributes for
> > > xsl:attribute-set.
> > by your statement I take it you can have multiple attribute-set
> > types.  In other words:
> >
> > <!ELEMENT xsl:attribute-set1 EMPTY>
> > <!ATTLIST xsl:attribute-set1
> >   foo CDATA "Bar"
> > >

> I said additional attributes for *xsl:attribute-set*.  Remember there
> can be any number of ATTLIST declarations for a single element type.
> Your DTD that includes the fragment in Appendix A would provide ATTLIST
> declarations for all the attributes you want to allow on
> xsl:attribute-set:
>
> <!ATTLIST xsl:attribute-set
>   foo CDATA "Bar"
>   bar CDATA "Foo"

Well what I have now defined is:

<!ELEMENT xsl:attribute-set EMPTY>

<!ATTLIST xsl:attribute-set
  xsl:use NMTOKENS #IMPLIED
  data CDATA #IMPLIED

The xsl:use attribute specifies other define-attribute-sets which have their
child attribute-sets merged with this attribute set.  The data attribute is
essentially the string to be inserted inside the start tag or empty element
tag after the tag name of a particular result element.

Is this basically the right idea here?

>From what I take from your comments I am on the wrong track as I infer that
you mean that for define-attribute-set you should just make all of your
Attribute Definitions #IMPLIED unless you wanted to bind a particular
Attribute Definition to _every_ single use of xsl:use.

Tyler