RE: Ugh! accessing current value in <A name= in template

Subject: RE: Ugh! accessing current value in <A name= in template
From: Andrew Bunner <bunner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 13:04:31 -0800
>Good luck. I posted a similar request earlier this week, i.e., getting the
>element type value for the current node and copying it into an attribute value

>for the result. I didn't get a single nibble. Reading around and breaking my
>brain on the specification some more, I don't think this is possible at the
>moment. It seems to be possible to get an attribute value and place it in a
>new
>output side attribute value but not the tag name/element type. I'd love to be
>proven wrong.

  There IS a way to do this and it's not hard!

  Example...

        <foo>
                <href>yada-yada.html</href>
        </foo>

        <xsl:template match="foo>
                <A HREF="{href}"><xsl:value-of expr="href"/></A>
        </xsl:template>

>       ...edN

-- Andrew

   Andrew Bunner
   President, Mass Quantities, Inc.
   bunner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   Professional Supplements for the Perfect Physique
   http://www.massquantities.com