re: Microsoft extensions to XSL (was RE: how to call Javascript function in .xsl file)

Subject: re: Microsoft extensions to XSL (was RE: how to call Javascript function in .xsl file)
From: "Vun Kannon, David" <dvunkannon@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 09:39:57 -0500
	Indeed, it would seem that this is a golden opportunity to put
namespaces to good use. I'm fine with the addition of <eval>, as long as it
is <ms:eval>, not <xsl:eval>. Now, for all the extensions they've made to
the pattern language, this is another argument in favor of the "old-style"
patterns. When the pattern is expressed as elements and content, namespaces
can be applied at a finer level of granularity.

	My list of reasons for preferring the old syntax now stands at:
	Easier to read (YMMV!)
	Easier to comment/document
	Easier to reference with pointers/links
	Allows use of namespaces
	Easier to apply XSL to XSL documents ( i.e. transform patterns into
other patterns or vocabularies)
Cheers,
David vun Kannon

	<snip/>