Re: Microsoft extensions to XSL (was RE: how to call Javascript function in .xsl file) function in .xsl file)

Subject: Re: Microsoft extensions to XSL (was RE: how to call Javascript function in .xsl file) function in .xsl file)
From: "Denis Hennessy" <denis@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 10:21:32 -0000
>"Vun Kannon, David" wrote:
>>
>>         Indeed, it would seem that this is a golden opportunity to put
>> namespaces to good use. I'm fine with the addition of <eval>, as long as
it
>> is <ms:eval>, not <xsl:eval>.
>
>Clearly, Microsoft intends for these features to become part of standard
>XSL. After all, changing the namespace doesn't solve the fundamental
>problem: stylesheets that use the feature work exclusively with
>Microsoft's processor. That's Double-Plus Ungood.

For my work, the dropping of script support in the current draft has been a
major pain. If Microsoft's processor is the only one that supports
scripting, then the platform decision is clear. I don't care whether the tag
is called <ms:eval> or <xsl:eval>; the functionality is needed for a great
many applications and if the standard doesn't provide it, then proprietary
extensions must.

/dh