Re: XSL Examples? <?xml-stylesheet>?

Subject: Re: XSL Examples? <?xml-stylesheet>?
From: "Mark D. Anderson" <mda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 1998 11:21:23 -0800
James Clark wrote:

>Aneel Nazareth wrote:
>> Also, the Proposal for XSL has a section on how an XML document should specify
>> what stylesheet should be used to render it (see below). Is there a similar
>> construct in the Working Draft? (I've looked in the document, but perhaps I've
>> missed it?)
>This is now a WD of its own:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xml-stylesheet

Was there a reason XLink was not used?

For those of us who *never* plan to put stylesheet links in our
underlying source xml, what is the proposed solution?
Do we synthesize a small link-only xml or html document that specifies
both the style sheet(s) and pointers to the xml source documents?
Perhaps i've missed it, but i've never seen it stated that xsl
should follow certain kinds of xml links (XLinks that "embed"?) and
process their content as well, as if their content appeared in place.

-mda