Re: equal signs in XML attribute values

Subject: Re: equal signs in XML attribute values
From: "Steve Muench" <SMUENCH@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 01 Dec 98 16:31:27 -0800
Hi,

If you're writing a template to match any element with a foo attribute
equal to 3, which then applies the template for a bar element within
the matching element having a foo = 3, then I got the following to work:

The output of this simple example is:

firstmatch secondmatch

---- mydata.xml --------

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<?xml:stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="mystyle.xsl" ?>
<top>
  <something foo="3">
    <bar frob="firstmatch"/>
  </something>
  <this foo="3">
    <bar frob="secondmatch"/>
  </this>
</top>

---- mystyle.xsl --------

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl";>

<xsl:template>
  <xsl:apply-templates/>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="*[@foo = 3]">
  <xsl:apply-templates select="bar"/>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="bar">
<xsl:value-of match="@frob"/>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

 Steve  | Consulting PM & XML Technology Evangelist | smuench@xxxxxxxxxx
 Muench |      Java Business Objects Dev Team       | geocities.com/~smuench