Re: XSL intent survey

Subject: Re: XSL intent survey
From: ht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Henry S. Thompson)
Date: 15 Dec 1998 16:03:48 +0000
"Oren Ben-Kiki" <oren@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I have written:
>
> >Well, it has been almost two weeks since I sent the survey results to the
> >W3C. I haven't got any bounce messages or responses yet, and I haven't seen
> >anything posted to the mailing list.
> >
> >Either the W3C is considering the issue, and need more time to form a
> >response, or they have considered it and decided that things should remain
> >just as they are today. I realize that the W3C people are busy, but could
> we
> >please have a posting - a one liner would do - saying which is the case?
>

> I guess that getting an answer is too much to hope for. Fine, I give up.
> Framing a polite expression of my opinion of this is beyond me at the
> moment. I'm staying out of further discussion of this issue - in fact, of
> any XSL design related issue - since I see no point in it. I'm going to go
> on reading this list, as an excellent source of advice as to how to use XSL,
> but that is strictly it. Since this is what this list was originally
> intended for, I can't really complain.

1) Most folk on the XSL WG read this list.  There is also sometimes a
digest prepared for those who don't;

2) We are 45 days into November (:-), at the end of which we are
supposed to publish our second draft:  NOTHING major is getting
considered now, we're just trying to nail the lurking gotcha's so we
can go to press;

3) We are still EIGHT MONTHS from the timetabled proposed
recommendation draft.

Net message:  your input WILL get looked at, just don't expect any
response in the near term.

ht

[NOT speaking officially for ANYBODY]
	    Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: ht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx