Saving XML files

Subject: Saving XML files
From: Bernd.Loepmeier@xxxxxx
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 13:40:17 +0100
Hello,

I have a little problem and I hope someone can help me.

I want to edit a xml-file with input-fields and save it to the server or to
 the local harddisk. I tried to write a Java-Applet to create and open
 a file on my harddisk and then I want to store my xml-data in it. Running
the applet with a Java Compiler the Java-Applet works, but when I
create a HTML-Page that loads my applet it doesn't work.

Does anyone know if it is possible generally? How do I have  to configure
my Security properties? Are there any other ways to save a
modified xml-File on my Server or local HD?

best regards

Bernd Löpmeier