Re: XSL Working Draft 16-December-1998

Subject: Re: XSL Working Draft 16-December-1998
From: "Oren Ben-Kiki" <oren@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 1998 22:16:35 +0200
Gilles Marichal <gmaricha@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>The  16-December-1998 XSL Working Draft is now on the w3c site:
>http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl

I've just spent a few hours working with it on the new XT release. Using
just two new features - xsl:template modes and xsl:attribute - I've managed
to re-structure my XSL scripts in a few hours so they became much more
powerful, much more maintainable, and most importantly - a lot more fun to
write.

There's a lot of other issues resolved as well (to get an idea, the new
draft is 117 pages long, the old one had 90). I didn't examine the
formatting objects section :-) but it seems they got a lot of attention as
well. I'm sure that soon enough we'll be picking at the remaining warts, but
the XSL WG has really done a good job here, and so did James in providing an
implementation to play with.

Thanks!

    Oren Ben-Kiki