Re: XSL processor in Java for xml and xsl strings

Subject: Re: XSL processor in Java for xml and xsl strings
From: anette.engel@xxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 14:20:30 +0100
I know of three xsl processors written in Java:

(1) Koala engine:
     Info on web: http://www.mygale.org/07/jcalles/XML/
                Software on web:
ftp://koala.inria.fr/pub/xml/Xsl_0.7b1.zip
(2) LotusXSL
     Info: http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/formula/LotusXSL
(3) DataChannel-Microsoft Java XML Parser (Beta 2) includes a  XSL
processor
     info: http://www.datachannel.com/xml_resources/developers/tools.shtml

The Koala engine and LotusXSL I already used myself within a little demo
servlet
(together with IBM's Xxml4j Parser) and I quit like them both. The input
doesn't have
 to be an file or an url. The transformation methods can take as well  the
DOM
representation of the XML document and XSL document.

The Koala engine seems to work  the previous specification of the XSL
standard, but not with the latest.

I only had a very quick look at  DataChannel-Microsoft Java XML Parser
(Beta 2) .

I am not an expert on XSL, but I just started myself!

Regards
Anette Engel
anette.engel@xxxxxxxx

"Zvi Schreiber" <zvi@xxxxxxxxxxx> on 12/29/98 12:31:52 PM

Please respond to xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

cc:    (bcc: Anette Engel/crmm)
Subject:  XSL processor in Java for xml and xsl strings

I am looking for a free or commercial xsl processor which
(1) is written in java (and preferably available in source code) for
integration into a servlet product
(2) can receive its xml and xsl inputs and provide html output through a
simple java function call, say as strings, rather than through the disk
(3) is likely to continue to be updated as the standard evolves and
stabilizes.
As a complete newcomer to the list, apologies if this ground has been
convered.
Thanks in anticipation of any help...
Zvi Schreiber