Re: writing entity references.

Subject: Re: writing entity references.
From: dcl@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 15:39:36 -0500
I succeeded in writing an entity reference, "ⅈ" to the result
tree by defining the entity in a DTD for the stylesheet.  I'm not sure the
spec' nails-down this behaviour.  Could it?  I'm using the LotusXSL
implementation.

*** Source XML:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE entityTest SYSTEM "entityTest.dtd">
<entityTest>
  <test>
    Source
  </test>
</entityTest>

*** Result XML:
<entityDest>
<result>&ImaginaryI; -- XSL --  Source </result>
</entityDest>

*** The DTD for the stylesheet extends the skeletal DTD from the XSL spec
with the following:
<!ENTITY ImaginaryI "i">
<!ENTITY % result-elements "
| entityDest
| result
">
<!ELEMENT entityDest (#PCDATA %result-elements; %instructions;)*>
<!ELEMENT result (#PCDATA %result-elements; %instructions;)*>

*** StyleSheet:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet SYSTEM "entityXSL.dtd">
<xsl:stylesheet  default-space='strip'
xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl";>

<xsl:template match="/">
  <entityDest>