RE: Standard API to XSL processors

Subject: RE: Standard API to XSL processors
From: "Vun Kannon, David" <dvunkannon@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 08:52:14 -0500
	Didn't someone have a .sig floating around for a while that said
something such as "data cannot be used at a granularity finer than its
markup"? I'm going to take a wild guess that the data structure not well
captured by the DOM is the pattern match attribute content that was
previously exposed as element structure. The WG giveth (significant
structure hidden in attributes), and the WG taketh away (the utility of the
DOM to manage the stylesheet tree).
Cheers,
David vun Kannon