Re: Standard API to XSL processors

Subject: Re: Standard API to XSL processors
From: keshlam@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 09:45:57 -0500
>I'm going to take a wild guess that the data structure not well
>captured by the DOM is the pattern match attribute content that was
>previously exposed as element structure.

Just a reminder: The DOM doesn't have to be a complete representation of
your datastructures; they can implement other interfaces as well. Or you
can maintain side-information tables.

Or, if you have a need for the DOM to be able to associate itself with
other data structures ... write up a request for the DOM WG. My own DOM
implementation has such a "user data" hook; if there's demand, they might
consider folding that kind of functionality back into the DOM itself.

The earlier and more clearly you explain what you need, the better the odds
of getting it.