Re: Granular Updates Using XSL/XML

Subject: Re: Granular Updates Using XSL/XML
From: Guy_Murphy@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 10:54:48 +0000
Hi.

If you are delivering DynamicHTML to browser then it woul possible to poll
the server at intervals to see if updated information is available. I have
use a similar technique with an Active Desktop component that displayed
news alerts. Using Remote Scripting it checked for updates every 15min, and
retrieved the updates if there where any available.

I am interested in the notion of granular updates. If not wildly off topic
could you explain further, or if it is drop me a brief explanation by mail
what you mean by this?

Cheers
     Guy.

xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on 01/19/99 05:51:04 PM