Filters headache...

Subject: Filters headache...
From: Guy_Murphy@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 17:04:50 +0000
Hi.

Most of the stuff I've been doing with XSL has allowed be to be pretty
certain of my conext, I now find myself needing to "pluck" data out of an
XML dataset using an XSL query, and my head's starting to hurt.

Given...

<doc>
     <infosort>
          <ms id='y'>ms</ms>
          <cb id='y'>cb</cb>
     </infosort>
     <tt id='y'>tt</tt>
</doc>

...how can I pluck all data from within DOC apart from INFOSORT or any of
it's children

I tried... match="//doc/*[$not$ infosort]"
...but in IE5b2 this returns INFOSORTs children along with TT. (I wont list
 the other examples I tried as from that point on it rapidly became
 an exercise in Voodoo).

Note there will be extra data items apart from TT, so I can't simply pluck
that single item.

Thanks for any advice
     Guy.