Namespaces and IE5b2

Subject: Namespaces and IE5b2
From: john.markor@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 12:02:24 -0800
Has anyone tried using namespaces with IE5b2 yet?

My XML DTD has the following ATTLIST for the html tag (%URI; is defined
earlier as CDATA per the RFC...)

 <!ATTLIST html
   %i18n;
   xmlns       %URI;          #REQUIRED

Microsoft says the following are valid values for this tag....
Possible Values  sNamespace	Required. Specifies a namespace that is then
                              used as a prefix to custom tags in a document.
	              sUrn         Optional. Specifies a URN string that uniquely
                              identifies the namespace.

So, in theory, the attribute list is correct.  Yet when I try and parse the
tag, I get an error that states that:

   "Attribute 'xmlns:' must be a #FIXED attribute. ....."

What am I doing wrong, or is this an error in IE5b2?

"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because
we do not dare that things are difficult."
"Seneca"

John J. Markor (Non-HP)
HP Digital Document Solutions
Seattle, WA  USA