Creating Hyperlinks and Bookmarks with XSL

Subject: Creating Hyperlinks and Bookmarks with XSL
From: "Sargeant, Richard (GEIS)" <Richard.Sargeant@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 19:04:56 +0100
Hi,

    Could someone please help with creating html hyperlinks & bookmarks via
XSL ?

    I'm trying to create a style sheet for an html page of  "FAQ's". A
simplified version on the xml file looks like this...
 <FAQs>
    <item bookmark="1">
       <title>question number 1</title>
       <descr>bla bla bla</descr>
    </item>
    <item bookmark="2">
       <title>question number 2</title>
       <descr>bla bla bla</descr>
    </item>
 </FAQs>

    I can produce an html page that has a list of the titles at the top of
the page, followed by all the items with their title and description but I'm
having trouble making the list of titles into hyper links that point to the
appropriate bookmark.

    To extract the bookmark I have tried using...

 <xsl:for-each select="FAQs">
    <ul>
       <xsl:for-each select="item/title">
       <li>
          <xsl:value-of select="@bookmark"/>
          <xsl:value-of/>
          </a>
       </li>
    </ul>
 </xsl:for-each>

  However, this does not evaluate <a href="#{@bookmark}"> but simply uses
this as a string value. Is this a bug in the IE5 parser or am I doing some
thing wrong ?

    If this is a problem with IE5, can someone suggest a different parser
that I can use (please note I'm not a java programmer so I need a dll or exe
is possible).

    Finally, I originally tried to create the bookmarks automatically using
the xsl:counter but this also failed. Could that also be due to the IE5
parser ?

 regards
    Richard Sargeant