Re: Venting

Subject: Re: Venting
From: "Don Park" <donpark@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 00:29:32 -0800
>This seems to be rather overstating things to me.  The fact that the two
>languages are defined in one spec doesn't affect the languages
>themselves one iota.  The specifications of the two languages are
>cleanly separated: the transformation language is in section 2 and the
>formatting DTD is in section 3. Whether or not you make separate
>physical documents out of the two sections doesn't seem a big deal to
>me.

James,

I have had the misfortune of being an entrepreneur as well as a developer
for the past 18 years which means I had to worry about the color of the box
as much as what goes into it.  Based on my experience, it matters a great
deal whether one say "our product supports XSL fully" or "our product
supports half of XSL".  I will bet you my wallet that it does [note that I
did not bet the content <g>].

Best,

Don Park
Docuverse