RE: id() questions

Subject: RE: id() questions
From: Scott Ferguson <ferg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 22:58:27 +0000
Thanks, David.

Another clarification question on IDs.  If the DTD is available for the
XML document and the stylesheet has an xsl:id, does the DTD override the
xsl:id?

This is related a question I have about entity references (oh, no, not
again!).  Because external entity references must be expanded, an XSL
processor must read in any external DTD.  Is the treatment of IDs
consistent with the treatment of external entity references?  IDs can
work without finding and parsing an external DTD, but entity references
must be expanded.  To be consistent, XSL might have an
  <xsl:entity name=foo>bar</xsl:entity>

An entirely appropriate response to my second question is, "Go away.
We're not going to deal with entity-references until 2.0"

-- Scott