Re: CSS and XSL

Subject: Re: CSS and XSL
From: "Don Park" <donpark@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 13:09:40 -0800
I thought someone should keep an eye on the big picture so here are some
comments:

PROBLEM:

XML-based CSS or (XSS?) is a fine idea.  However, proposal of such idea
right after the proposal to split the XSL spec into two parts (XTL/XFO)
defocuses both proposals as well as the focus of XSL itself.  While it is
true that we can address more than one issue at a time but I do not think it
is most effective to do so.

SOLUTION:

I would like us to keep our focus on the subject of splitting the XSL spec
into XTL and XFO.  Discussion of the XSS issues should be moved to CSS
mailing list especially because it will meet more resistance there.  Trial
by fire will bare the true merit of the proposal.

Just a friendly bureacratic advice,

Don Park
Docuverse