Re: Fw: Flight of fantasy...

Subject: Re: Fw: Flight of fantasy...
From: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 15:06:23 -0500
At 08:39 PM 2/19/99 +0200, Oren Ben-Kiki wrote:
>So the first block contains attributes and the second sub elements? A pity,
>I'd have thought you'd go for broke and remove the difference. As long as
>we're tripping on alternate reality drugs, how about:
>
>body {
>    onLoad "[init]"
>    h1 { "A flight of Fantasy" }
>    p { "Some text" }
>}

I like it, very much.  Fits well with my earlier "CSS, XSL, and an RDF-like
approach" piece that I think was just too wacky for folks to be interested.
Abolishing the element/attribute distinction might make it easier to split
the different between CSS and XSL, but I don't think it'll happen any time
soon.

>I guess I'm having a severe case of weekend stress myself :-)

I'm just writing too much, and will be all weekend.  Someday we'll use
delimiters that don't require use of the SHIFT key on a US keyboard, and
I'll be much happier.

Simon St.Laurent
XML: A Primer / Building XML Applications (April)
Sharing Bandwidth / Cookies
http://www.simonstl.com