Re: XTech '99 starts in two weeks

Subject: Re: XTech '99 starts in two weeks
From: Paul Prescod <paul@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 06:22:35 -0700
Jon Bosak wrote:

> Final reminder: XTech '99, the third annual West Coast XML conference,
> starts in two weeks at the San Jose Convention Center.  This is the
> place to learn about the latest developments in XML and related
> technologies from the people and companies at the center of the XML
> revolution.

One of the features of that conference will be a tutorial on Python in
XML. Although it is only scheduled for a half a day I intend to be
available to registered attendees for the entire conference period. During
the scheduled half-day we will map out the various neat things you can do
with Python and XML. Over the other days I will meet with the attendees to
help them explore specific options such as Python's event-driven APIs,
tree-based APIs, non-XML parsing (for upconversions), formatting and so
forth. From my biased point of view, this is an excellent opportunity for
anyone thinking about writing XML software.
 http://itrc.uwaterloo.ca/~papresco

"In general, as syntactic description becomes deeper, what appear to
be semantic questions fall increasingly within its scope; and it is
not entirely obvious whether or where one can draw a natural bound
between grammar and 'logical grammar'."  - Noam Chomsky, 1963