Re: *input* filters

Subject: Re: *input* filters
From: "James Tauber" <jtauber@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 03:18:44 +0800
>  | Any reason we can't have *input* filters in XSL, ie some specification
of a
>  | conversion to apply to a non-XML files in order to produce the source
tree?

>Not wishing to speak out of turn, but ...
>
>What would this do that Perl, Omnimark, etc wouldn't do better?
>
>ie. do we really want to add full regular expressions to XSL?

I didn't make myself clear at all. I was not envisaging an XSL engine have
the input filter inbuilt any more than I would expect it to have all the
output filters inbuilt. What I was more thinking about is the ability to
specify not only a URI identifying the non-XML output format but a URI
identifying the non-XML input format.

James