Re: XSL Examples available

Subject: Re: XSL Examples available
From: Michael.Reinertsen@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 15:50:35 -0500

This is beautiful!

Chris Maden <crism @ oreilly.com> on 03/04/99 02:13:24 PM

Please respond to xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To:   xsl-list @ mulberrytech.com
cc:    (bcc: Michael Reinertsen/CHASE)

[Guy_Murphy]
> I haven't tried it myself, as I confess all my experiments have been
> with IE4+, but might <BR></BR> fool NN? Hopefully it will
> acknowledge the opening tag and ignore the closing one.

NS interprets </BR> as a mis-entered <BR>.  Netscape (and IE, I think)
determine a tag name from < to space or >.  So <BR/> is recognized as
a start-tag for the unknown BR/ element.

When creating XHTML by hand, <br /> will work.  But transformation
engines can't be forced to do that.  The perfectly legal syntax that I
use is <br class="hack"/>.

-Chris