XTL, XSL, .....

Subject: XTL, XSL, .....
From: Bovone Stefano <Stefano.Bovone@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 11:37:55 +0100
Title: XTL, XSL, .....

I think that the XSL Working Draft shouldn't be divided.
I think is necessary a join developing both of the transformation rules and the Formatting Objects section.
It's my personal opinion that CSS of Level 1 and 2 are to poor for printing: it's necessary something to do a surther progress. Formatting Objects should have to become something which can really be an available way to see something printed or viewed.

CSS has a serious problem: it is thought for Internet document hence for unpaged document.
XML, XSL, for me, must see Internet only how a possible field for applications, but there are several other fields  out the net.

We may think,for example, at the work of catalogue documents and to the elaborations necessary for printing.
I know, you can tell me there are SGML and DSSSL: too complex, to difficult to use them. XML and XSL could be the solution.

I think to divide FO from XSL WD would be the end of the FO themselves.
I hope, instead, to have a WD with more details and certainies as soon as possible, so me, my factory and many other factories may produce experimental software that support FO beginning from a fairly firm base.

There aren't only Netscape, Microsoft, .....

Best regards.

Stefano Bovone
Elsag S.p.A.
Via Puccini 2 (GE)