RE: Beginner's question: The | doesn't work

Subject: RE: Beginner's question: The | doesn't work
From: Joe Lapp <jlapp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 15:28:53 -0500
| is set union, while $or$ is logical-OR.
IE 5 beta 2 didn't implement set union.

The webMethods implementation supports returning any value rather
than just node values, so the following returns booleans:

  x $or$ y

while the following returns a set of x's and y's:

  x | y

However, the following two expressions are equivalent:

  x[y $or$ z]
  x[y | z]

At 09:50 AM 3/8/99 -0000, Kay Michael wrote:

>> The following is my code.  I used | as $or$ but it always
>> gave me an error,
>
>I suspect from the mention of $or$ that you are using Microsoft's XSL
>implementation. I read somewhere that Microsoft doesn't support "|", but I
>don't know if I'm right.
>
>In any case, anyone submitting problems of this kind to this list should say
>which XSL product they are using (and preferably try it on more than one to
>see if it's a product-specific problem).
>
>Mike Kay

Joe Lapp, Senior Engineer
Core Technologies Team Lead
http://www.webMethods.com