Re: Mixed content: selecting current context w/out child

Subject: Re: Mixed content: selecting current context w/out child
From: "James Tauber" <jtauber@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 13:29:04 +0800
>This has got to be a fairly elementary question.... What's the proper
>select expression to retrieve *only* the PCDATA portion of a mixed-content
>element, *not* the contents of its children?

[...]
>Given the following XML:

As you've already found out, text() is the solution. Even though a solution
exists, I don't think the above is particularly wise markup. Of course,
there is nothing illegal about it as far as XML goes (which is why I use the
term _wise_). What you are marking up as a "name" isn't a name. It's a
matching of two names and it will (as you've discovered) give you potential
problems later on if it isn't marked up as such.

James