Re: How to add a variable/changeable hyperlink <a href=" http:\\WWW....> around a text in XSL?

Subject: Re: How to add a variable/changeable hyperlink <a href=" http:\\WWW....> around a text in XSL?
From: "John E. Simpson" <simpson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 15:32:51 -0500
At 10:34 AM 3/15/99 -0800, Koh, Justin (Intern) wrote:
>> However, the link to my html file is dependent on the content retrieved by
>> the <children/> tag. Is there a way I could append the content to the link
>> somewhat in the following context
>>
>> 		</SPAN>
>> 		Link
>> 		</a>
>>
>> I need the content form the XML to control the path to the link
>> I have been stuck with this for days. I really would appreciate any help.

When you say, "the link to my html file is dependent on the content
retrieved by the <children/> tag," do you mean that what's in the
<children/> tag forms part of the URL? Part of the problem is that
<children/> encoded thusly is an empty element, so it has no content
(aside, perhaps, from content implicit in any attributes).

Can you show us a real document fragment (at least the <children> tag
itself) that's to be input to XSL, and what you want the resulting HTML to
look like?