Re: Koala XSL engine for Java / XT

Subject: Re: Koala XSL engine for Java / XT
From: Lars Marius Garshol <larsga@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 22 Mar 1999 11:15:20 +0100
* Inga Eckermann

| I read about the existance of XT by James Clark and Koala.  Can
| someone please provide me with more information about the two
| implementations, mainly if they contain ways to generate printable
| formats like PS/Eps?

None of the current XSL implementations do this directly.  MSIE, XT,
Koala, xsl:p and LotusXSL all only implement the tree transformation
half of the XSL spec, which means that they can transform between XML
DTDs, but can't do much more.

FOP lets you generate PDF from XSL flow-objects, but is still in alpha
and not yet complete. TeXML lets you generate TeX, but is in a similar
state. Both of these require you to convert your XML into XML using a
specific DTD before they can be used.

Jade (a DSSSL engine), on the other hand, lets you generate RTF, TeX,
SGML/XML and MIFF output and is currently in production use.

If I've mentioned an unknown tool you can find it at:

<URL:http://www.stud.ifi.uio.no/~larsga/linker/xmltools/by-name.html>

--Lars M.