Re: template matching.. display the data

Subject: Re: template matching.. display the data
From: Marcus Carr <mrc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 11:43:48 +1100
Rick Geimer wrote:

> I would take a hybrid position...present the end users with a choice of
> stylesheets that allow them to view the same data in several "canned"
> presentation formats. This gives them choice, but doesn't require them to become
> XSL experts.

That's my choice as well, but there's nothing to prevent the user from doing what
they want with the data. With HTML it was no problem, because the data was pretty
much useless anyway, but providing XML data is almost like providing access to a
database - the user is free to draw as many invalid inferences as they can dream of.
Surely this has the potential to be a problem of some proportion, doesn't it?

--
Regards,

Marcus Carr                      email:  mrc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx