Registering XML and XSL filetypes, IE5 and EXml

Subject: Registering XML and XSL filetypes, IE5 and EXml
From: "Eric E. Cohen, CPA" <cybercpa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 08:01:46 -0500
As I was trying to show how XML renders in IE5 to an associate, I noticed
that XML files from the Web acted normally (creating an expandable and
collapsible tree without XSL, or being transofrmed with XSL) while those on
disk all of a sudden did not.

After going nuts for a while, I figured out what had happened. I had loaded
the EXml editor from CueSoft, which took over XML and XSL extensions. IE5
would not properly work with XML or XSL. After clearing the registered file
types, it all began working again. Watch out for products that want to
register those extensions!

EXml (www.cuesoft.com) is a pretty decent product, especially for the
price. I like being able to work in visual or text modes.

I would be pleased to correspond with anyone working on accounting-oriented
XML/XSL projects.

Eric E. Cohen, CPA
Cohen Computer Consulting, Rochester NY
Accountant's Home Page http://www.computercpa.com