Re: IE5.0 and XSL

Subject: Re: IE5.0 and XSL
From: "Olivier Brand" <olivier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 09:41:49 -0800
Thanks for your help.

Once again, Microsoft did it !! Ok, even it XSL is not a specification yet.
The clause order-by in a for-each tag is NOT in the last W3C document.
Microsoft prefered to use order by instead of xsl:sort. Why ??
All the other opensource (or not) XSL processor stays as close as possible
with the W3C draft. And I can imagine that Microsoft added more stuff to it.
I think that they have operator like gt, lt which is a very good idea.
The problem with XSL is that it is not a recommendation yet and Microsoft, by
implementing it in a product (IE5) would face the same problem they have faced
in the future: they will diverge from all the other people.
If people start to use the XSL procesor and format their XSL document to be
compliant with IE5.0, they won't be compatible with any other future browser.

So wait and see what is the next move from our dear uncle Bill

Olivier