Norwegian characters and XT

Subject: Norwegian characters and XT
From: u970130@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 21:03:59 +0200
Hi,

Thanks for helping me with the XML to HTML question I posted
yesterday. Now, over to the first question today :

I successfully used XT to create a html file from xml and xsl. The
problem now is that the 3 special norwegian characters are not
formatted correctly. I tried making a program that replaces these
with the html-code for the corresponding character, like ø
and Ø, but using ø resulted in an errormessage like
"reference to undefined entity ø" from XT, and using Ø
instead didn`t solve the problem either.

Both my xml and xsl file start with the line
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>.
 I thought that was enough to support the special chars.

How can I get Xt to process these characters correctly? If it can`t,
what can I replace the special characters with in the xml file?

Thanks !!