Re: Attribute_Formatting

Subject: Re: Attribute_Formatting
From: "admin" <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 02:49:02 EST
Hi Johnny:  You wrote:
>	For instance, suppose I have a listing of four <listitems> and want to
>format each in a different way.  How can I do this with XSL?

My very primitive approach is to use style sheets for each view I want.
  For example, in my stumbling and bumbling attempt to build a medical terminology project,
 I have decided to group terms with related topics by using style
 sheets that display the topics and terms:
Human Anatomy
   Discipline
      System
         Subsystem
            Part_descriptor
               common_disease
                  term
Each term will be created as an xml doc:
<term>Aaron's Sign</term> xml doc will use "/xml terms/appendicitis.xsl".
Generally, then, it is organized from the bottom up, i.e., terms will
be grouped to use style sheets for common disease names.

Translating that to your question, you might consider whether the attributes can be grouped to be included within a style sheet for each "view".  Hope that helps. Thanks, Tom

--
Thomas A. Poe, M.D., Director
The World Center For Clinical Research