RE: White spaces and tabs in XSL

Subject: RE: White spaces and tabs in XSL
From: "Joseph Alex" <alex_jos@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 1999 04:23:57 PDT
Hi,

After sending the mail, while trying several things, I tried that too
and it worked. Thanks a lot for your help. So this must be the
definitive answer to creating white spaces in XSL. But how come
<xsl:entitiy-ref> is not mentioned in the revamped IE5 XSL elements
reference page?

regards,
Alex

>From: David Schach <davidsch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: "'xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: RE: White spaces and tabs in XSL
>Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 13:00:35 -0700
>
>Did you try <xsl:entity-ref name="nbsp" />?

We
>are fairly familiar with MSIE 5.0 and it's *attempts* to consistantly
>display propoerly formatted XSL styled XML
>
>Duane Nickull
>

>Joseph Alex wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have seen similar issues being raised before, but not exactly an
>> answer to my requirement. I need the XSL output to be properly
>> formatted, ie with white spaces, tabs etc for indenting and
properly
>> placing it inside the tabular cells etc. I am working exclusively
on
>> the IE5, and server side conversion for other browsers. Is there
any
>> neat way of doing this in XSL? I tried &nbsp; , returning empty
>> string from <xsl:eval> etc basic stunts, but no success. Also
>> <xsl:entity-ref> doesn't seem to be supported by IE5 presently.
(even