hiding some of the source

Subject: hiding some of the source
From: Matthew MacKenzie <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 11:52:31 -0300
Hi,
  I beleive someone else asked a question along these lines, but I don't
think there was an answer.
I have some xml data, which I am displaying in IE5 using xsl, it is
script generated, as it is translating from a native database format to
xml, and it is being used as part of a multi-user system, so I figured
that a good way to customize the resultant output for each user was
through adding a section in the xml which specifies some options, like
this:

<PRODUCTS>
<XSLCONTROL>
    <LOGO>/newco/logo.GIF</LOGO>
    <CSSLOC>bleh.css</CSSLOC>
    <PROCESSING_TIME>0.6210 Seconds</PROCESSING_TIME>
    <GENTIME>Sun Apr 11 11:40:35 1999</GENTIME>
    <FOR>newco</FOR>
    <IP>142.194.200.37</IP>
</XSLCONTROL>

    <PRODUCT>
        <PLINK
URL="http://www.cartnetwork.com/newco/bin/cart.cgi?A=MID100";>Add this to
your shopping cart.</PLINK>
        <TITLE>This is a tester product</TITLE>
        <PRICE>$98.78</PRICE>
    </PRODUCT>

--snip for brevity--

</PRODUCTS>

Now, the problem is that the contents of <XSLCONTROL>* always display,
when all they are there for is so that the style sheet can import
formatting and other info dynamically.  I don't want them to show up
unless I tell them to.  Is there a simple way of hiding them?  I am just
blending the text into the background now as a band-aid solution.

Thanks.

Matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx