Re: Almost XLink...

Subject: Re: Almost XLink...
From: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 13:00:36 -0400
Guy Murphy wrote:
>For those interested I have produced a new version of my linkManager as an
>IE5 HTC, which to avoid confusion I'm now calling AlmostXLink or just AXL
>(I had to wait until I could think of an acronym that sounded cool :).

I'm very glad to see that people are taking a stab at making XLink play
nice with styles. I'm trying to get discussion of the issues surrounding
XLink and styles, particularly CSS, started on the www-style@xxxxxx mailing
list.

It seems that experience with XLink and XSL would probably be very helpful
for the conversation, despite the differences between XSL and CSS.  If
anyone's interested, the archives of what's been said so far (just me and
Didier) are at:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/1999Apr/

To subscribe to www-style, which isn't too busy a list, send mail to

www-style-request@xxxxxx

with the subject line:
subscribe

Details are at http://www.w3.org/Mail/Request.

It's hard to get discussions started at the intersections between different
specs, so please feel free to drop in with any ideas and experiences you've
got.  I don't think www-style's scope is limited to CSS, so any discussions
of styles+linking are most likely welcome.

Simon St.Laurent
XML: A Primer
Sharing Bandwidth / Cookies
http://www.simonstl.com