moving source text around

Subject: moving source text around
From: "Richard Lander" <rlander@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 20:45:50 -0400
 Hello,

I've got a small problem with moving source text in my document without
having it appear twice. Let me show you what I'm doing. I've got the
following line in my root template:

<xsl:apply-templates select="REPORT/FRONT/TITLE"/>

The following template rule is defined later on:

<xsl:template match='FRONT/TITLE'>
 <H2 class='FRONTTITLE'>
 <xsl:apply-templates/>
 </H2>
</xsl:template>

Both fire, producing two instances of whatever text is in
REPORT/FRONT/TITLE. Obviously, I don't want that. How can I move this text
without having it reproduce in its proper place? I thought of using a
<xsl:value-of> ... </xsl:value-of>, then putting the contents of the
template rule in it and deleting the template rule. Is that the best idea?
Or is there a way to leave the template rule as it is, then fire the
template rule in such a way that it won't be fired again?

Actually, another problem, is that this element type will fire against the
TITLE template if I delete the FRONT/TITLE template, so I need some way to
use this text so that it won't be used again.

Thanks,

Richard.