Processing modes

Subject: Processing modes
From: Lars Marius Garshol <larsga@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 15 Apr 1999 09:19:38 +0200
My understanding of processing modes is that

  <xsl:apply-templates modes="by-number"/>

should only apply template rules that have the by-number mode and
ignore all template rules that have no mode.

The behaviour I see with XT (version 19990307) is the opposite.  The
rules with the by-number mode seem to be ignored, and the ones without
any mode are applied.

Is this a bug in XT or in my understanding of processing modes? I've
tried running xsl:p, LotusXSL and 4XSL but have so far failed to get
any of them up and running. I'll keep trying, though.

If anyone wants to see the XSL and XML source documents, just let me
know and I'll post them.

Thanks,
--Lars M.