XSL Quandry

Subject: XSL Quandry
From: "Richard Lander" <rlander@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 21:50:58 -0400
 Hello,

I am having quite a bit of trouble with my XSL. I am using XT and XSL to
transform an XML document into a whole slew of virtual HTML documents.
Virtual HTML documents will be created for each SECTION and SUBSECTION,
which nest, as well as the first part of the root element. I'll be creating
links between these 'documents' so that a reader can traverse between them.
I'll used Jade+DSSSL to chunk these virtual documents into real HTML
documents. That's the background.

My problem is that I can't seem to access the area of a SECTION, for
example, just before the SUBSECTIONs start, which is where I want to place
the links and the </HTML>. I have tried the following, with no success, in
my SECTION template rule:

<xsl:apply-templates select="*[not(SUBSECTION)]"/>

<!-- links will go here -->
 </HTML>

 <xsl:apply-templates select="SUBSECTION"/>

My plan was to allow all SECTION content to pass through
'<xsl:apply-templates select="*[not(SUBSECTION)]"/>
 ' except the SUBSECTIONs then allow them to pass through
'<xsl:apply-templates select="SUBSECTION"/>' after I'd placed my links and
</HTML> The second apply-templates works just fine but the first does not
stop SUBSECTIONs. So, the code runs but doesn't do what I want it to. Am I
missing something here? I've spent a good bit of time looking at the spec
but have not found my answer.

Any words of wisdom would be most helpful.

Thanks,

Richard.