RE: Problem instantiating XMLDOMDocument node within <xsl:s

Subject: RE: Problem instantiating XMLDOMDocument node within <xsl:s
From: "Didier PH Martin" <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 15:16:27 -0400
Hi Jonathan,

Thanks Jonathan for your input. Now we have an answer on one part of the
problem. We now know that the createObject function is not comming from the
default interface given by the host.

As for the context object, I checked on my script engine and saw that I get
a context object only in debug mode otherwise it is null. But maybe the
script host is using the IObjectSafety interface to tell the engine not to
provide CreateObject. When I traced the execution of my script engine I saw
that IE calls this interface to set the security context. Probably that the
host calls this same interface to restrict the script keywords. I think that
by default, if that interface is not called, the script engine provide full
capabilities, otherwise, the script engine could restrict the keywords (this
is what I do with my script engine) when called with the
IObjectSafety::SetInterfaceSafetyOptions.

Also, I set the script="MCLScript" and got my script engine called. Thus, we
now know that it behaves like the HTML script host.

To check this, a script host has to call the IObjectSafety interface and
tell the engine that it now operates in Internet mode.

regards
Didier PH Martin
mailto:martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.netfolder.com