Re: XML/XSL Demos

Subject: Re: XML/XSL Demos
From: "Richard Lander" <rlander@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 11:26:49 -0400
 Ushanas,

I use XSL to convert my XML document into HTML. I also use it to convert
them into multiple HTML pages, that is a file that contains many sets of
<HTML>content</HTML>. I used Jade+DSSSL to actually break the pages apart.
Thanks to James Clark for his DSSSL identity transform on his site, without
which I would not have been able to complete my system.  XSL creates the
links between pages and styles the pages appropriately. This use of XSL may
seem mundane but it is highly practical.

You can see an example of the output of this system @
http://pdbeam.uwaterloo.ca/~rlander/Introduction_XML/intro_xml.html and
http://pdbeam.uwaterloo.ca/~rlander/XML_Tutorial/xml_tutorial.html

The document that you see and the HTML document that you can link to are the
product of XT, whereas the RTF document is the product of Jade. Both great
tools that I use daily.

Richard Lander
relander@xxxxxxxxxxxx
http://pdbeam.uwaterloo.ca/~rlander/

Professional XML Authoring - Starts May 12th
http://www.on-line-learning.com/