Re: xlxp-dev: XSL and editing tools

Subject: Re: xlxp-dev: XSL and editing tools
From: "James Tauber" <jtauber@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 22:26:48 +0800
> >Let me suggest a way forward: what if XML editor vendors got together and
> >defined extensions to CSS specific to authoring? Someone could also write
> >a tool that converted simple parts of XSL styleshets to CSS-E and vice
> >versa.

What appropriate timing. I just came back from the 5th Australia WWW
Conference (Ausweb99) where I had an informal discussion about XML editors.
I suggested that what was needed was "editor sheets" that had the display
functionality of CSS with some additional behaviours.

I seem to recall talking about this a while ago on XML-DEV but the search
page seems down at the moment so I can't check.

James
--
James Tauber / jtauber@xxxxxxxxxxx / www.jtauber.com
Coordinator, XML Standards and Products