Re: Whitespace preservation

Subject: Re: Whitespace preservation
From: "Fredrik Lindgren" <f.lindgren@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 10:28:08 +0200
The attribute value in your example:
	" ixdterm"
is not a white-space separated list of the names of the element types.

--- snippable formalism reference

If you look at the XSLT DTD you will see that the elements attribute is
declared as NMTOKENS. This means it must match production [8] in the XML
recomendation.

  [7] Nmtoken ::= (NameChar)+
  [8] Nmtokens ::= Nmtoken (S Nmtoken)*

The NameChar production [4] does not include whitespace.

---

Short:
You should not have whitespace before or after the list of names of
element types.

I dont understand what you mean with

	 element = "....

Please explain what you are trying to do.

Fredrik Lindgren
Upright Engineering AB