RE: Transformation + FOs makes abuse easy

Subject: RE: Transformation + FOs makes abuse easy
From: Miles Sabin <msabin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 19:53:21 +0100
Simon St.Laurent wrote,
> Interesting idea, but I think we'll end up seeing:
>
> 402 Payment Required

Indeed, but we're going to start seeing that anyway, and
we could _already_ have this scenario with text/xml vs.
text/html+text/css. Actually this'll probably be the first widespread
practical use for a 402.

I can envisage an argument along the following lines:
the semantic richness of the undigested document is the
IP of the originator, and as such they are entitled to
charge extra for it. Like it or loathe it, this is what
ownership of intellectual property is all about.

Cheers,

Miles

--
Miles Sabin                          Cromwell Media
Internet Systems Architect           5/6 Glenthorne Mews