Re: namespaces

Subject: Re: namespaces
From: James Tauber <jtauber@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 14:55:13 +0800
> radha wrote:
>
> I want to know what's the significance of the following lines in the
> stylesheets.
> What do these URIs actually point to
>
> xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/XSL/Transform/1.0";
> result-ns=""
> How does a xsl processor interpret this ?

The URI doesn't point to anything. What the first attribute
specification simply says is, "for this element (and its contents,
unless overridden) the prefix xsl is used for the XSLT vocabulary". If
it said xmlns:foo="http://www.w3.org/XSL/Transform/1.0"; then you would
use foo:template, foo:apply-templates, foo:value-of, etc.

The second attribute specification says that the result tree uses the
default name space (ie the one with no prefix).

James